2021 – 2025 Colorado Cancer Plan
2021 – 2025 Plan
Do you want to help implement the cancer plan? Are you already working a strategy? Do you have a program or story to highlight in the cancer plan?
Please reach out to us to get connected.
Watch the Cancer Plan Launch Live from Cheyenne Wells, Colorado
The Colorado Cancer Plan has guided the prevention, treatment and control of cancer statewide for more than 25 years. The 2021-2025 state cancer plan continues in that tradition, providing a five-year framework to reduce the risk, incidence and mortality associated with cancer in Colorado. This plan represents a shared approach to overcoming Colorado’s cancer challenges through primary prevention, early detection, effective treatment and support for survivors from the time of diagnosis until the end of life.
The plan’s objectives are organized along the cancer continuum of care rather than by type of cancer. It is not a detailed action plan, but rather a roadmap of broad goals, specific objectives, and evidence-based strategies organized into these five areas of focus:
- Prevention: Encourage healthy behaviors and a less harmful environment to lower the risk of cancer.
- Screening: Promote the benefits and increased coverage of appropriate screening tests to ensure early and effective diagnosis.
- Diagnosis and Treatment: Reduce the barriers to early diagnosis and treatment, ensure best practices and encourage participation in clinical trials.
- Survivorship And End-Of-Life Care: Ensure services and resources necessary to support the continued physical and mental health of a growing number of cancer survivors.
- Cross-Cutting: Support the integration and training of patient navigators and community health workers and promote awareness of available insurance coverage.