In this video, Chef Ann gives you some tips on how to purchase, prepare healthy foods, and save money while grocery shopping.
Black Bean Mushroom Tacos
Taco Filling Ingredients
12 corn tortillas
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 small onion, diced
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon oregano
Pinch black pepper
8 ounces cremini mushrooms
1 can organic black beans
Sea salt to taste
Taco Topping Ingredients
4 radishes, thinly sliced into matchsticks
1 avocado, diced
2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Gently warm tortillas, flipping occasionally. Tortillas should be soft. Transfer to plate and cover to keep warm.
- Add oil and onion; cook until slightly translucent, stirring often. Stir in garlic, cumin, and oregano.
- Add mushrooms and saute until browned, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in black beans; saute until hot.
- Fill each tortilla with the mushroom-black bean mix. Garnish with radishes, avocado, cilantro, and a squeeze of fresh lime juice; serve immediately.