The next Colorado Cancer Coalition quarterly meeting is April 27, 2017 at 2:00 pm. We’ve got an exciting new format for the April meeting!
We’re partnering with the Colorado Colorectal Screening Program and have an impressive program planned to learn all bout 80% by 2018 efforts in Colorado.
We’ll have a brief Coalition update at the beginning followed by guest speaker Mary Doroshenk,the Director of the National Colorectal Cancer Roundtable. Following Mary, there will be a panel of experts (including a few from the Colorado Cancer Coalition) discussing the prevention, family history, screening, treatment, and advocacy efforts going on across Colorado. After Q & A and discussion there will be a networking reception!
We hope you’ll join us for this exciting collaborative meeting. You are also invited to the earlier portion with the Colorado Colorectal Screening Program.
Meeting 2:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Reception 5:00 pm – 6:30 pm
DoubleTree Hilton 4040 Quebec Street, Denver, CO 80216
Zoom will be available. Information is on the right side bar of this page.
I don’t work in colorectal cancer? Why should I attend?
- Each breakout speaker has a discussion point about perspectives that can inform the larger cancer continuum and cancer areas.
- What do you know about reaching the population for prevention and control that you think the larger Colorado Cancer Community to know?
- If CRC rates rise, what this might be for the overall cancer burden in Colorado?
- How does the 80% campaign perhaps impact the overall work to control cancer in Colorado?
- Are there things my cancer focus can learn from this campaign to really help drive the message?
- What is different about how people are thinking about advocacy and policy in this area than cancer overall and what do we need to move the policy agenda in Colorado? Where is the Coalition going with Policy?
- Why did American Cancer Society National choose 80% by 2018 and help grow the NCCRT efforts?
- With a national American Cancer Society person in the room, what do you want the NCCRT and ACS to know and keep in mind?