The Colorado Cancer Coalition is bringing back the Navigation Task Force!
Task Force Mission
The mission of the Colorado Navigation Task Force, the Local Navigator Network of AONN+ is to decrease barriers to cancer care experienced by Colorado patients, families, and survivors by advancing the practice of oncology navigation throughout the state.
Sign up for updates using the button below. Or contact the Chairs using the buttons on the right to learn more.
Task Force Action Plan
Formal action plan coming soon…
- Promote competency-based and accessible training for lay health navigators and community health workers within the cancer care continuum.
- Promote the implementation of evidence-based health navigator and community health worker services within the cancer care continuum
- Increase collaboration between Colorado oncology navigators across disease sites, institutions, and counties
- Increase the number of AONN+-certified lay and licensed oncology navigators in Colorado
- Improve national engagement of Colorado oncology navigators (target: 25% of Colorado State Local Navigator Network members subscribed as national AONN+ members)
- Build collaborative relationships with allied local and state organizations to improve the delivery of oncology navigation care
Patient Navigator Training Collaborative
Check out the various Patient Navigator Trainings
The Alliance promotes policies, programs, and partnerships that: reduce and eliminate barriers to quality health care both within health systems and the community; reduce disparities in health outcomes; and foster ongoing health equity.