Task Force Mission
Welcome to the Skin Cancer Task Force page.
1) To increase awareness about sun safety and skin cancer prevention through community outreach and educational events.
2) To decrease rates of melanoma and keratinocyte carcinomas across the state of Colorado.
Task Force Action Plan
- Increase member engagement by recruiting and retaining 3-5 new physician champion members and 5-10 new medical student members, 5-10 community members (nonprofit, survivor,caregiver)
- Continue work with legislature to increase restrictions on tanning laws
- Sun Bus operations and sun damage screenings with the UV camera
- Sun education programs in schools
- Adapting remote learning initiatives
This Task Force meets the 2nd Tuesday of the month from 2-3 pm MT. Use the button below to sign up for updates or contact the chairs using the buttons to the right, for more information.
Behavioral Healthcare Inc
Clear Creek County Schools
Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment
Colorado Dermatology Society
Colorado Melanoma Foundation
Denver Botanic Gardens
Frank Shorter Race4Kids
Kids Running America Organization
Melanoma Research Foundation
National Council on Skin Cancer Prevention
Rocky Mountain Sunscreen
St. Mary’s Hospital, Grand Junction
Town of Silverthorne, Finance and Administrative Services Department
University of Colorado School of Medicine
University of Colorado School of Public Health
Veterans Affairs Hospital, Denver
Task Force Meeting Minutes
Members of the Task Force participated in approximately 15 events throughout the year to provide education and awareness of the dangers of skin damage and risk of skin cancer from Ultraviolet rays. The events that took place across the state ranged from public community events, employee conferences, school events, and fundraisers. At these events, task force volunteers also conducted skin cancer checks, provided information on skin cancer prevention, distributed sunscreen, and educated participants on effective methods of sun protection.
Social Media Messaging Toolkit
In the Media
Skin Cancer Task Force Current Work
Visit the Sun Safe Colorado Facebook page for current happenings.
Skin Cancer Task Force Successes
CDC Success Story – Specialized Photography Promotes Sun Safety in Colorado
This year, we expect to staff over 15 community events! At these events, our team has conducted skin cancer checks, provided information on skin cancer prevention, distributed sunscreen, and educated participants through powerful images that instantly reveal areas of sun damage.