In this video, Chef Ann shows you how to make a quick stir-fry. Chef Ann shows you how to cut vegetables and explains the benefits of adding different foods to your diet.
Vegetable Stir-Fry with Easy Peanut Sauce
2 tablespoons coconut or canola oil
1 small onion, sliced
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 carrot, peeled and cut into matchsticks
1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced ¼-inch thick
1 head broccoli, cut into florets
Peanut sauce (see below)
1/4 cup toasted and chopped peanuts
1 tablespoon fresh chopped cilantro
- In a large skillet or wok, heat oil over medium-high until shimmering. Add onion; cook until slightly translucent, stirring often. Stir in garlic.
- Add carrot, and stir-fry for one minute.
- Add red bell bepper; stir-fry for one minute.
- Add broccoli and stir-fry until hot. Cover with lid and lower heat; cook about 1-2 minutes, until broccoli is tender but still crisp.
- Add peanut sauce. Toss to combine.
- Serve over rice. Garnish with peanuts and cilantro.
Peanut Sauce Ingredients
1 cup natural peanut butter
1 cup water
1/3 cup organic canola oil
1/3 cup honey
3 tablespoons natural soy sauce
1 tablespoon brown rice vinegar
1 tablespoon peeled and chopped fresh ginger
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
Peanut Sauce Instructions
- Blend everything in a high-speed blender until smooth.
- If serving warm, heat on stove until hot.