Free Prostate Cancer Screenings in Metro Area for Prostate Cancer Awareness Month
Colorado Cancer Coalition and Prostate Conditions Education Council are teaming up to provide free prostate cancer screenings at various locations throughout the month of September, in recognition of Prostate Cancer Awareness Month.
Wednesday, Sept. 6, 7 – 11 a.m. – Douglas County Sheriff’s Office
**Open to Douglas County employees only**
Saturday, Sept. 16, 9 a.m. – Noon – The Center for African American Health
Men’s Health Expo – lunch will be provided
3350 S. Hudson Street, Denver, CO
Open to the public
Tuesday, September 19, 7 a.m. –2 p.m. – City of Aurora Municipal Center
15151 E. Alameda Ave, Aurora, CO
Open to City of Aurora employees and the public
Wednesday, Sept. 20, 7 a.m. – Noon – Arapahoe County Sheriff’s Office
13101 E. Broncos Parkway, Centennial, CO
Open to Arapahoe County employees and the public
Friday, September 22, 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. – Pints for Prostates Denver Rare Beer Tasting
McNichols Building,144 Colfax Avenue, Denver CO (testing will take place outside the building main entrance before the event)
Open to attendees and the public
Monday, Oct. 2, 10 a.m. – Noon – City of Glendale
950 S. Birch Street, Glendale, CO 80246
Open to City of Glendale employees and the public!
Prostate Cancer Statistics
- In Colorado, over 4,200 men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer this year (more than breast cancer) and sadly, 740 men will die from the disease this year.
- 1 in 8 American men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer during their lifetime.
- Prostate Cancer is the second leading cause of cancer death in men.
- African American men are twice as likely to be diagnosed and die from the disease.
- 1 in 5 Veterans will develop prostate cancer in their lifetime.
- First Responders are .28 times more likely be diagnosed with prostate cancer.
- Over 34,500 men will die of prostate cancer this year in the United States.
- The Average age of diagnosis is 66.
If you have questions or would like to know more about this cross-organization initiative, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.