In this video, Chef Ann shows you how to make an easy dinner at home or meal while camping.
Grilled Vegetable Kebabs Over Quinoa
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup natural soy sauce
1/4 cup orange juice
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
4 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
Fresh ground black pepper
Dash hot sauce
4 large portobello mushrooms, stemmed, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 zucchini, cut in half lengthwise, then into ½-inch slices
1 yellow squash, cut in half lengthwise, then into ½-inch slices
12 cherry tomatoes
Twelve (8-inch) skewers for kabobs, soaked in water for 20 minutes
- Whisk olive oil, soy sauce, orange juice, mustard, garlic, black pepper, and hot sauce in a large bowl.
- Add portobello mushrooms, zucchini, yellow squash, and cherry tomatoes. Let marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally to evenly cover vegetables.
- Preheat grill.
- Skewer vegetables onto pre-soaked wooden skewers in this order: mushroom, zucchini, mushroom, yellow squash, cherry tomato.
- Grill skewers for a few minutes on each side until grill marks form and vegetables are tender.
1 cup quinoa, rinsed
1 1/2 cups water
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- In a small pot, combine quinoa, water, and salt. Cover and heat over high flame until it starts to simmer. Lower heat and cook until all water is absorbed, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat . Let pot sit, covered for a few minutes.
- Fluff with fork and serve.