- 1 in 21 men will be diagnosed with colorectal cancer in their lifetime.*
- 1 in 25 women will be diagnosed with colorectal cancer in their lifetime.*
- Colorectal cancer is the 3rd most commonly diagnosed cancer.
- Colorectal cancer diagnoses are decreasing for Coloradans aged 50+. Colorectal diagnoses are increasing for Coloradans under 50.
- Journal Article: Impact of young adult colorectal cancer
Age-adjusted incidence (new cases/100,000 persons/year) of colorectal cancers in Colorado, stratified by 0–49 years of age and ≥50 years, from 1992 through 2013.
*Lifetime risk is calculated up to age 85.
In the News
Colorectal Cancer Screening Across Colorado
Click on colorectal cancer screening to see more details.